cubical relief

This site is dedicated to a dark skinned white boy, also known as my brother, who has more style than I ever will.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Shoeless in Aisle 5

I was shoeless twice today. The first time, I went to leave my cubical when I looked down and noticed that my shoe was missing. I looked around my cube frantically, and I was relieved when I found it way under my desk. The second time was at the grocery store. A lady came up to me and said, "Miss, I think this is your shoe." She had picked it up a couple of aisles over. I looked up at her quite embarrassed and said thanks. Then, I placed the shoe on my lap.

You are probably wondering how I didn’t know that I was missing a shoe. Well, the answer to that question is that I have no feeling in my feet. Therefore, it is very difficult for me to find shoes that will stay on, and it makes shoe shopping very frustrating. I always find cute shoes, but it always seems like they are the kind of shoes that slide on. I’ve bought them before just to experiment. I have tried rubber banding them to my feet, taping them on with double stick tape, and I even tried using sticky Velcro. None of my ideas worked. If you can think of an idea, then let me know. If it works, then you are a genius. Otherwise, this weekend, I will be out and about looking for a shoe that fits, stays on, and has a buckle.

3 Comments:

Blogger James Kernan Ferrin said...

i volunteer myself and mollie to go shoe shopping with you.

10:30 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

that would be great! you guys can be my clinton and stacy. i will no longer be that girl that has one shoe on and one shoe on her lap or missing.

1:09 PM  
Blogger molly said...

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

james...you have to be "the Clinton" this time, I'm not compromising.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home