cubical relief

This site is dedicated to a dark skinned white boy, also known as my brother, who has more style than I ever will.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Scaredy Cat

When I was a growing up and my mom was home alone, she would turn on every single light in the house. That was a sign for the ghosts to stay away, and it also let all of the neighbors know that she was by herself. I remember coming home as a kid and the TV would be on in the basement, the radio would be on upstairs, and she would be cleaning and talking on the phone at the same time. I used to think that she was silly until last night. I realized that I am a scaredy cat just like her.

Matt went to Vegas for a few days, and yesterday was my first night by myself. I have a hard time falling asleep if Matt isn't around. My head starts thinking too much. At first, I thought that Reese would keep me company and sleep in my bed. She was being just awful, so I had to send her to the kennel. I considered having my brother camp out on my floor, but um.... that's just weird. I ended up watching TV until I could barely keep my eyes open. Then, I went under all of my covers, and I left a big enough hole for my nose and mouth to get air. This sounds ridiculous, but it's the truth. I need help.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember the thunder storm where you made me sleep on the floor in your room when we lived at home?

8:06 PM  
Blogger molly said...

i do the same thing...head under covers.

10:36 PM  
Blogger James Kernan Ferrin said...

i hug my pillows.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Heather B said...

I used to think our dogs would protect me ... but lets get serious, anyone with food in their hands would be golden as far as they are concerned.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thats funny. We just watched An American Haunting the other night and then Lyle went out with his brother and I had to try to go to sleep. I ended up sleeping on the couch with the tv and lights on.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home