cubical relief

This site is dedicated to a dark skinned white boy, also known as my brother, who has more style than I ever will.

Friday, November 03, 2006

The "Before Matt Gets Old" List

 
I just finished reading my brave cousin Kari’s post on rock climbing. She said that rock climbing was one of the things that was on her list of things she wanted to do before she died, and it took me back to a conversation that Matt and I had last week.

We were lying in bed, flipping threw the channels, when we stopped on the show Little People, Big World. It was the episode where the Roloff family is in Hawaii for a family vacation. The family goes on a number of adventures including a zip line tour. I was watching these people zip through the jungle, and I looked over at Matt and said, “I want to try that! I bet I could that. You would just have to carry me. There are too many stairs.” He looked at me and said, “Nancy, I think that you need to start making a list of top 10 things that you would like to do before we get old. In 20 years, I don’t think that I will be able to carry you all over the place.” I calculated that in 20 years Brad will be 27, and he will be able to carry me. Matt doubts that Brad will want to still go on vacations with us.

Nevertheless, I have not written my "Before Matt Gets Old" list, but it just makes me wonder..... Do you have a list of things that you would like to do while you are still young? What are they? I might have to add them to my list.

8 Comments:

Blogger James Kernan Ferrin said...

in no special order...

-backpack through europe by myself
-swim with dolphins
-surf
-record and album (this is more like wishful thinking...plus I would have to sing good).
-build a house of my own and design everything in it
-sky dive (i'm too scared now)
-take a road trip around america
...this is what i have for now.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

wow...i just had sky dive, but i would like to steal/borrow everything in jimmy's list except on the build a house thing, i'd want to be part of the extreme makeover home edition team instead of building my own place. that show just chokes me up.

3:32 PM  
Blogger kari said...

Another thing on my list is to go to NY during December and see the Christmas Tree all lit up in Rockafeller Plaza. I'd also like to iceskate on the rink in front of it!

6:43 PM  
Blogger kari said...

P.S. I do like the Little People, Big World show.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Heather B said...

Hmmm ... I'm going to have to think about this in more detail.

I will be back!

8:58 AM  
Blogger molly said...

james...i love you more than anything in this world...but you barely go to the bathroom by yourself.

Nance...i think i'm going to have to amke a list myself

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Leave Omaha
*at least for a little bit
2) Go to Japan
3) White Water Raft
4) Try to sell Cars
5) Go to a concert festival
6) Go to the Philippines with mom

Pretty much I just want to travel and not just for a week or two but for months at a time.

and go to an Ikea store.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

win the lottery

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home