cubical relief

This site is dedicated to a dark skinned white boy, also known as my brother, who has more style than I ever will.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Sleepless in Millard

 
As some of you already know, Reese got spayed a few days ago. I kept telling people that she got spaded, and until last night, that’s what I thought it was called. So every time that I would say that, I would picture the spade symbol in my head.

Since we got Reese from the vet, she has been whimpering constantly. Last night, Matt put her in the kennel, and she was crying really loud. Matt gave me this sad look, so I knew that he wanted her to sleep in our room. Ever since we got Reese, he has wanted her to sleep in our bed, but I have been totally against the idea. I finally gave in last night and told him to go get her.

It turns out that Reese is a bed hog and a restless sleeper. She took up Matt’s entire side, so he was forced to sleep at the foot of the bed. She likes to pace around and change positions constantly, and during the night, she fell off of the bed twice. The second time that she fell off, I left her on the floor, but then, all night, I had a dreams of her peeing all over the carpet. In my last dream, I hired carpet cleaners to clean up the mess, but they were unable to get the pee stains out.

Needless to say, tonight Reese is going to sleep in her own bed.

4 Comments:

Blogger kari said...

This made me laugh out loud! We don't let our cats sleep in our bed for the same reason. We tried to let them sleep with us once, but they were so annoying that we kicked them out of our room around 3am. If they would only learn to be still, sleep in one place for the entire night, then maybe they could be in out our bed!

P.S. I really like your bedspread!

11:30 AM  
Blogger James Kernan Ferrin said...

she can sleep in my bed! she is so cute. i hope she is doing better.

when we got my old dog, ozzie, neutered he was so drugged and falling like a drunken sailor. oh, how i love sailors.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Heather B said...

We were so strict on Lola, she lived most of her early life in her kennel ... so when we decided to get another dog we decided to be a little bit more relaxed.

That ended the night Sammy PEED in the bed, literally soaking my legs, sheets and the matteress.

I still shudder at the memory.

2:07 PM  
Blogger molly said...

Oh Nance...you are so strict! My ex kept our house so damn cold...Huds was like a free heater at night.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home