cubical relief

This site is dedicated to a dark skinned white boy, also known as my brother, who has more style than I ever will.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Saturday Night Warnings

I was supposed to go out to Clancy's tonight and meet my brother, but after a series of events, I decided that I better go home.

On my way to the bar, I had to make a stop at Target. I was driving about 55 in a 35 when I looked in my rearview mirror and noticed that I had a cop riding my ass. I slowed down to 35, and I kept looking in the mirror to see if the officer was going to pull me over. I get to a red light, and the cop switches lanes. I look over, and he rolls down the window and says, “Miss, do you realize that you were going 55 in a 35?” I looked over, smiled, and said, “Yes.” He said, "I appreciate your honesty. Consider this a warning.” Then he did an illegal U-turn at the red light, to pull over a guy in a truck.

Then, at Target, I was halfway done with my shopping when the sirens went off. We were under a tornado warning. A pimple-faced teenager approached me and told me that I could either go home or go to the dressing rooms to take shelter. I would have liked to go home, but then I had a visual of a tornado coming, me getting out of my car quickly and then scooting my ass into the nearest ditch to take cover. I decided to go to the dressing rooms.

When I finally got out of Target, I was ready to go home. I had enough warnings for one night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather B said...

I am glad you stayed at Target, jumping into a ditch never sounds fun.
I was out on 186th by Gretna, on TV that is where all the swirling circles were at first - it was lovely. That must also be were the siren towers (if thats what they are?) are since the house seemed to shake everytime one went off ... good times!

9:56 AM  
Blogger molly said...

you have some luck girl! Least you were somewhere semi fun during a tornado warning.

P.S. the word "scooted" never fails to make me laugh.

12:12 AM  
Blogger James Kernan Ferrin said...

i would have just went home...if i stayed at target, and mollie was with me, i know i would have ended up naked. or in women's clothing.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home