cubical relief

This site is dedicated to a dark skinned white boy, also known as my brother, who has more style than I ever will.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Are We There Yet?

This weekend, Matt and I are going to take a short trip to Kansas City to see his favorite band, Tool. We are notorious for getting lost every time we go on vacation when driving is involved. We have all of our venues mapquested and our trip timed out to give us enough leeway if we get lost.

The first time that we went to Kansas City, we had been dating for a good month. When we were driving home, we thought that we were making really good time. We had been too busy talking, that we didn’t realize that we were driving the wrong way. Matt decided to stop at a rest area to look at the map to see how close we were to Omaha. He came running out to the car and asked me if I wanted to go to Adventureland. I was a bit confused, but when I got out of the car, I realized that we were in the middle of freaking Iowa. This marked the very beginning of our getting lost adventures.

The other day, Matt said that we would leave Kansas City really early the next morning. He said, “Nancy, don’t worry. I’ll wake you up, and you can sleep in the car. When you wake up though, don’t be surprised if we are in Illinois.” It sounds very funny, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully not because I have will have to take care of reese and mom's cats for an extra day if you get lost.

10:48 AM  
Blogger kari said...

Watchout for Mapquest directions! The last time I used them to get somewhere in KC, we ended up in the not-so-good part of town. Have fun!

3:45 PM  
Blogger molly said...

that is love...

did you actually go to adventureland???

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home