cubical relief

This site is dedicated to a dark skinned white boy, also known as my brother, who has more style than I ever will.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Saving Money and Getting Rich

Usually I’m the one in the house that is always saying ridiculous things. For instance, until Matt informed me, I thought that the song “Dude Looks Like a Lady” was really “Do the Funky Lady.” Don’t ask where that came from, but until then, I had been singing the song wrong for years.

Yesterday, Matt came inside from talking to the neighbor. We have had an ongoing problem with our backyards. There is a bunch of water going along the fence and part of it looks like a small moat. We have called the city, the plumber, the sprinkler guy, and everyone says that it is spring water. Our neighbor has an idea on how to fix the problem. Matt told the neighbor that he would like to find out how much water is running underneath our yard because he would like to put in a well to pump it out and run it to our house. That way we wouldn’t have a water bill. He is totally serious. Our neighbor probably thinks that he is weird. I’ve already come to the decision that we are not going to do that.

Then, when we were eating a dinner, he told me that I should make him a web site that takes $1 donations. At first, I thought that it was for his fantasy football league, but then, he said that it would be just for him. He said that he would just have his picture on there, and a link to make a donation. He thinks that will make him a bunch of money. He’s very strange, but again, he was totally serious.

I think that I’m starting to rub off on him.

One last thing... I just remembered this. Matt and Michael have decided to have a goatee growing contest. Maybe they are planning on going as ZZ Top for Halloween, and they are using the goatee contest as a cover up.

3 Comments:

Blogger James Kernan Ferrin said...

he might be onto something. that would be funny to do it, and see how much he would get!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Heather B said...

"Do the Funky Lady?" That is hilarious :)

A lady at work has her own well and swears by it, but I am pretty sure it was thousands of dollars to put in, however I guess it was worth to them since they have a pool or something.

And PS - I would totally donate a $1 ... it may be a fun experiment!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That's hilarious! My ex husband used to think that Van Halen's "Panama" was in fact, "Cannonball". Lyle and I make fun of him all the time when we hear that song.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home