cubical relief

This site is dedicated to a dark skinned white boy, also known as my brother, who has more style than I ever will.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Dear Nancy


I received a postcard in the mail a few days ago. It was addressed to a Nancy with my maiden name. Since it seems like most people with my name have been in retirement for some time, I often get calls from people looking for their old friend.

Here's what was written:

Nancy:

I hope you are the Nancy who loved the Greek Garden's food, who lost her mother and dad ten years ago. I apologize for not being a better friend then and wish you well now.

DG.
How sad. I'm kind of glad that there wasn't a return address though because I think the person would have been sad not knowing it didn't get to the correct recipient. Then again, maybe the sender will be sad if they don't get a reply. Either way, I wish I knew who this really belonged to.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you get mail that isn't junk.

9:46 PM  
Blogger James Kernan Ferrin said...

that makes my heart sad.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write back asking for money.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home