cubical relief

This site is dedicated to a dark skinned white boy, also known as my brother, who has more style than I ever will.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Junior’s Last Day


Junior will be leaving us today. He is probably one of the most interesting people that I have ever worked with, and I’ve had the pleasure of sitting next to him for the last couple of years. Here are some things that I have observed throughout the years.

  • He has an immense love for Canada. For instance, he listens to a Canadian radio station on his computer, visits the country at least once a year, drinks Canadian beer, and wears at least one item of Canadian sports apparel each day.
  • He is the only non-Canadian that I know that celebrates Canada Day. You always know that it’s this day because he wears red Canada garb, and he changes his e-mail signature logo to a red image instead of blue.
  • You always know when it is hockey season or baseball season by what he is wearing. During hockey season, he wears Toronto Maple Leafs apparel, and during baseball season, he wears Toronto Blue Jays apparel.
  • He likes diet sodas and often eats microwavable meals for lunch.
  • He often wears a baseball cap to work, and he wears shorts even when it is freezing out.
  • When writing his name, do not forget to put the Jr. after his last name. He will correct you. Besides, he would rather be called Junior instead of his first name anyway.

In a few weeks, we will probably have someone new. Hopefully, the new person will be obsessed with baking rather than a country because I love cookies especially homemade ones.

4 Comments:

Blogger kari said...

This post makes me think of the Canadian nat'l anthem, however, the only words I know are OH CANADA.

5:41 PM  
Blogger James Kernan Ferrin said...

oh my...that made my morning. i love the - he is the only non-canadian who celebrates canada day.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canada is often referred to as "America's Hat."

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, Hockey Night in Canada is on thursday nights on OLN... LOL

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home